Welcome Readers!


"Hello" to all my regular readers and those who are here for the first time!
I hope that this blog enlightens and encourages those who read it but I also hope that it will wake up those who have been asleep to the clock that is ticking within our beautiful nation and within the body of Christ. It is my goal to glorify our Lord and share the Truth with anyone who will listen!
I pray that the Lord will give you strength and courage each day to do His will and to glorify Him. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to keep our heads above water, but He does promise us that He will not allow the waters to overtake us! Praise Him for that promise!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Sick and Tired

     From time to time it strikes me; just how much I truly take for granted. I feel good and life is going along fairly smooth and even though I DO thank the Lord for these things, I forget just how much He does ALL the time. This thought came to me today because I have been sick the last two weeks. Nothing major, just a cold then a short stomach flue, but I really felt pretty crappy. As I am beginning to feel better today, I realize how much I don't think about my health when I have it!
     I have a couple of friends who suffer from regular debilitating conditions and I try to put myself in their shoes. Boy is that hard! I am a pretty active and type A personalitied person and being down for any length of time is hard for me. I know these women are of a similar personality as me and knowing this, I really feel for them. I think they tend to see the gifts from the Lord a little better than I. Every time I get sick and begin to feel better I have these thoughts and emotions but honestly they wane after awhile. Here I am once again!
     Well, this is a short post I know, but I wanted to share to send a reminder of God's graciousness to us all in ALL things. AND to encourage us to remember in prayer, those we know who suffer from poor health. As far as that goes, to help us remember others who suffer in many ways.
     My goal will be to keep these things closer to the front of my mind on a regular basis. I hope you will too!

No comments: