Welcome Readers!


"Hello" to all my regular readers and those who are here for the first time!
I hope that this blog enlightens and encourages those who read it but I also hope that it will wake up those who have been asleep to the clock that is ticking within our beautiful nation and within the body of Christ. It is my goal to glorify our Lord and share the Truth with anyone who will listen!
I pray that the Lord will give you strength and courage each day to do His will and to glorify Him. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to keep our heads above water, but He does promise us that He will not allow the waters to overtake us! Praise Him for that promise!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No Such Thing as In Between

If you are married or ever have been, you are familiar with those two little words that say volumes: "I Do". Those words don't mean "maybe" or "I'll think about it". They mean, Yes, I do. If you are at the altar and decide not to say them, you are making a choice to say "No, I don't". There isn't any in between. Do you realize that this is the same situation with God? If you don't say "I do" to God you are saying "I don't". It is a clear and concise rejection of Him. Yet most people don't understand or see this as rejection. They may say, "Well, I do believe in God, I just don't believe that He has control over my life", or "Yes, there is a God, but I am not a sinner and therefore I don't need to believe that Jesus lived, died and rose, for me". Unfortunately, these comments are a firm and flat out "No" to the offer that God has made to every person, for forgiveness and relationship with Him.

Where do you fit into this picture? Have you gladly accepted the gift of His love, grace, mercy and righteousness through the blood of Jesus? Or are you being deceived by the Father of Lies by thinking that you are a-okay right where you are: That you have never consciously denied Jesus, therefore you are in the middle, safe from hell, yet you get to live as you choose? Well, there is no such place. God makes it clear in His Word, you are either on the side of Jesus or against Him. I guess the example of wedded vows fails in this era because living together has become an acceptable lifestyle and in a way, it is middle ground. No firm "I do's" were cited yet in most daily situations, things flow along as if vows had been exchanged. That is of course until you want insurance as a married couple, you try to file joint taxes, you want to have a child with the same last name, etc. Then these things start to expose the true reality that there wasn't a joining as one, as God had originally planned. Maybe this example still fits, because as you live your life trying to be "in the middle" with God, things start to expose the true reality that you are not committed to Him and that you are living a lie, pretending to be on His side.

So again I ask you: Where do you stand? Are you choosing God by believing on Jesus as your righteousness before God, or denying God by denying this need to be cleansed from sin? There is no in between, no middle ground. It's either "I do" or you don't. I will leave you with this thought: If Jesus' blood was not necessary for our redemption and payment for our sin, why would an innocent Man, whom by the way Pilate agreed was innocent, have given His life for the very same people who tortured and crucified Him? No one in their right mind would do that unless it was necessary to fulfill God's ultimate plan. AND no one except God Himself has the power or authority to have victory over death and atone for our sin. Apathy is not an option with God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another good thought. To the point.