Welcome Readers!


"Hello" to all my regular readers and those who are here for the first time!
I hope that this blog enlightens and encourages those who read it but I also hope that it will wake up those who have been asleep to the clock that is ticking within our beautiful nation and within the body of Christ. It is my goal to glorify our Lord and share the Truth with anyone who will listen!
I pray that the Lord will give you strength and courage each day to do His will and to glorify Him. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to keep our heads above water, but He does promise us that He will not allow the waters to overtake us! Praise Him for that promise!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Saturation Point

     One of my favorite subjects in college was chemistry. To examine and understand (at least a little) the intricacies of atoms and molecules and their structure, attraction and repulsion of each other intrigued me greatly. To realize the detail in which God created everything in existence is beyond words and even imagination, at least for me.
     Yesterday, my husband and I were discussing our desire for certain things to become second nature for us. Specifically, our thoughts and responses in daily situations to instinctively go to God, whether it be reflected through prayer or behavior. This topic lead me to the thought of the saturation point in terms of chemistry. The saturation point of salt water is when you have added so much salt to the glass of water that the water molecules are full and can no longer attach to the salt molecules. The result of this is the remaining salt settling on the bottom of the glass. I want to be "saturated" with Jesus
     I think in many places throughout God's Word this idea is conveyed, but not illustrated through chemistry. When we are told to pray without ceasing. Does the writer mean that 24/7 we should be on our knees praying? No. That certainly is not a realistic interpretation, however, the idea of continual prayer is if we are "saturated" with Jesus. The result would be an instinctive and second nature response to our daily interactions which in turn would result in continual prayer. I did a word search for "filled" and found so many more expressions of the word than I ever expected. Such as Ephesians 3:19 "and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Philippians 1:9-11 "And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God". And 1st Peter 1:8 "Though you have not seen Him , you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy."
     The word "full" is a synonym for saturated. I find this to be quite interesting. I don't think that I am reaching, to surmise that to be "saturated" with Jesus would result in also being saturated with joy, knowledge and righteousness which by the way, lends to peace (Hebrews 12:11 "For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."). It's a "win-win" situation. Filling ourselves with Jesus is promised to fill us with the wonders of the Holy Spirit.
     I definitely want to reach my "Jesus saturation point". Will I reach that before I reach heaven? Not if I don't try and even then maybe not. But I know I want to be more saturated tomorrow than I am today. How saturated are you? Is there room for more Jesus in your heart and your life?                
          

No comments: