Welcome Readers!


"Hello" to all my regular readers and those who are here for the first time!
I hope that this blog enlightens and encourages those who read it but I also hope that it will wake up those who have been asleep to the clock that is ticking within our beautiful nation and within the body of Christ. It is my goal to glorify our Lord and share the Truth with anyone who will listen!
I pray that the Lord will give you strength and courage each day to do His will and to glorify Him. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to keep our heads above water, but He does promise us that He will not allow the waters to overtake us! Praise Him for that promise!

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Joy of Victory!

     Have you ever before experienced the joy of victory? Victory in a sport that you have participated in, or in the success of reconciliation in a relationship, or in accomplishing a very difficult task that has been set before you? The flavor of victory does taste quite good, doesn't it! It is satisfying, comforting and ultimately edifying. Victory in the right things can be very healthy for body, mind and spirit. 
     Last night at BSF, my co-leader asked the question, "How does obeying God bring joy?". The 11 and 12 year old students had a variety of answers, many of which were very insightful. The question prior to this one was, "Why do God's children still sin?". As the students discussed the "struggle" with sin, it made me consider that it really is a "battle" when we are tempted with sinful thoughts and behaviors. To look at the temptation to sin as an actual battle with our flesh, the world or the enemy, completely helped me to answer the first question! When we are obedient to the Lord, which includes facing those temptations and being obedient in them, we are victors! Victors in the battle that we just faced and conquered. This may be extremely obvious to some of you, but for some reason it really struck me last night. 
     Maybe that is because I have been feeling quite defeated over the past few months in regards to a sinful habit with which I have been struggling. Sinful because I know this habit may be allowable for others, but not for me. This bad habit has taken over my attitude and has stolen my joy. The realization hit me last night, that I have lost my joy more because of a loss of victory rather than frustration over the defeat of the sin. Maybe I am picking fly poop out of pepper here, but for whatever reason, the spin on this loss of joy has helped me to view this situation from a completely different perspective. Rather than looking at how hard it is to defeat this temptation, I am looking forward to the joy that comes from the victory of the battle. 
     Maybe you need a different perspective. It may make all the difference in the world! 

No comments: