Welcome Readers!


"Hello" to all my regular readers and those who are here for the first time!
I hope that this blog enlightens and encourages those who read it but I also hope that it will wake up those who have been asleep to the clock that is ticking within our beautiful nation and within the body of Christ. It is my goal to glorify our Lord and share the Truth with anyone who will listen!
I pray that the Lord will give you strength and courage each day to do His will and to glorify Him. It seems to be getting harder and harder these days to keep our heads above water, but He does promise us that He will not allow the waters to overtake us! Praise Him for that promise!

Monday, February 24, 2020

Not My Usual Style

Hello Readers,
This is not my usual style of post, but I thought that I should share some reality. It is good to think about illustrations and applications that we can apply to our lives, but knowing what makes sense and doing what makes sense aren't always synonymous. I am in God's Word regularly and even teach children how to apply what they are learning, but I have to be honest and admit that I don't always apply those truths to my own life.
I know what God instructs us to do and how to behave, but the challenges of life, our flesh, the enemy and frankly our pride, regularly give us excuses for NOT doing what we know are not only pleasing to Him, but best for us! I am so clearly learning to appreciate the words of Paul in Romans 7: 15-20. (See the "Verses of the week") He struggled with it too, which makes me feel better but I still get so darn frustrated with myself. All of this also makes me understand more clearly why God emphasizes the need to be in prayer and in His Word regularly, to put on the Armor of God and to be aware of the enemy's tactics.
Another thing that I am realizing is why David was called "A Man after God's own heart". David knew the gift of forgiveness and didn't allow sin to separate himself from the Lord. I don't know about you, but I feel dirty after I have knowingly sinned and this in itself can keep me from the feet of Jesus. I need to get some distance from my sin first, then I feel a little more "worthy" of being in the presence of Jesus. How silly is that?! Without Jesus, I am NEVER worthy of anything but death and permanent separation from God. WOW. How messed up we truly are! And most of the time we don't even see it. We just plug away at our little lives, doing our daily duties and considering Jesus a little here and a little there. Amazing.
Well, I feel better. As you can probably guess, I have been feeling a little "dirty" lately and needed to come "clean". This side of heaven, we will live in a soiled condition, but praise God we are made "white as snow" through the blood of Jesus! Carry on fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and remember that you are not walking though this life alone. Jesus is there each step of the way and is oh so very willing to wash our feet when they get a little dirty.
  
      



No comments: